Guess what? I just found out something unusual. I’m reading The Bare Facts by Josh McDowell and stumbled upon a couple of other unusual facts as well. Let me share some with you.
- Married men live longer than those who stay unmarried by an average of 10 years (I can hear someone scream, seriously?)
- Married men earn more money, taking into consideration the average earnings of married men.
- Married men enjoy sex better – still speaking of averages.
- The kids of married couples are generally more successful in life
- The kids of married couples are more likely to earn a college degree
- Men who cohabit may not last long in marriage. Cohabiting couples who eventually get married are twice as likely to divorce as those who don’t cohabit before marriage.
- Married men accumulate more assets than unmarried men. (Is someone squirming like me, thinking, “How do they do it despite all the family expenses? “)
- Marriage generally improves mental health – while marital crisis and divorce are out of the picture.
Without further ado, armed with the above facts, I am heading for the altar ASAP!
Truthfully, I’m yet to find out why married men live longer. Please drop a line in the comments if you know why.
Leke Babayomi blogs at lekebabayomi.wordpress.com
Follow him on twitter @lekebabayomi
Brace yourself to purchase a copy of his soon-to-be-released book: “The Silent Killer.”